Tools >> Atomizer
Last updated 2005-09-20 at 10:53 pm by TALlama
Welcome to the home page of Atomizer, the simple PHP script I use to keep track of periodic events.
That is, if I know I should check out a website every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday but that site has no syndication feed, I copy the Atomizer script, change just a few variables at the top, and away I go.
Here’s the quick-and-dirty tutorial:
- Copy the Atomizer.php file to where your web server will run a PHP file. Rename the file something useful, like ‘Ninja.php’
- Open up ‘Ninja.php’ and modify the stuff above the line. The script has comments for what all the variables are for.
- If necessary, change shouldShow() and getTitle().
- Conforms to the Atom 1.0 spec
- Dirt simple
- Output is easy to read for humans, because it keeps tabs in place.
On the todo list:
- It could easily take most arguments from GET.
Not On the todo list:
- Support for RSS x.y. It’s just not worth it.